Do you want to revitalize your relationship and nurture a connection that will last a lifetime? I will help you create the environment that unconditional love can thrive within utilizing a three-step process that includes developing a deeper understanding of yourself and your partner, enhancing foundational relationship building skills, and creating a plan to meet both your needs including:
• conflict resolution
• personality differences
• emotional connection
• life goals
• decision making
• shared responsibilities
• extended family relationships
When couples commit to the counselling process and push through the hard parts, amazing things can happen! Even if your partner won’t come to couples counselling, your efforts to enhance your relationship will improve the overall quality of your connection.
Looking to ensure your relationship is heading in the right direction prior to making a firm commitment? The same process that repairs relationships also creates a secure foundation for a fulfilling life together. It’s like an RRSP for your relationship—the upfront investment pays lifelong dividends.
Do you need help moving forward after a break-up, or to prepare for your next relationship? Ever find yourself asking, “Why do I keep falling in love with the wrong person?”, or “Why do I keep choosing people who hurt or reject me?” I can help you process your emotions, define your goals/values/needs, explore attachment style and relationship patterns, and help you create a plan to find the love you deserve. Preparing for your next relationship is a liberating step in the healing process! It will also help in discerning if the people you meet in the future are actually a good fit for you.
Relationships with our children can be both exhilarating and exasperating. They will each interpret their interactions with you based on your words and behaviour viewed through the lens of their personality, emotional needs, and developmental stage.
I can teach you how to: :
• create a secure attachment style with your children
• sort through the mountain of parenting information available to find
what is right for your family
• create a family enhancement plan based on your values and goals
• create a team work environment
• set consistent boundaries and guidelines
• facilitate emotional regulation
• address behaviour challenges
• encourage respect and effective conflict resolution between siblings
• navigate transitions between stages of development
Conflict happens. We often unintentionally accept the awkward invitation to engage in conflict and then wonder how things got so far off track. Whether the person is related to you, a friend, neighbour, colleague, or stranger taking your parking stall, you can learn how to turn that drama-filled invitation into a relationship building experience instead. We can’t control the words and actions of others; but we can control our own thoughts, feelings, and behaviours in response.
I can teach you how to:
• set and enforce boundaries
• express yourself in an assertive and affirming manner
• facilitate understanding
• validate the emotions and experiences of others even if you don’t agree
• engage in grounding techniques to calm yourself
• identify the underlying reason for the conflict
• create an environment conducive to working together to resolve the
I have a master's degree in counselling (major in applied psychology) from the University of Lethbridge. My undergraduate degree is in social work from the University of Victoria. My approach to counselling is grounded in Attachment Theory and Cognitive-Behavioural Theory.
I have also taken extended training in:
• Couples Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Emotion Focused Therapy
• Narrative Therapy
• Trauma-Informed Therapy
• Solution-Focused Therapy
• Child Development
• Motivational Interviewing
• Attachment Therapy
• Canadian Certified Counsellor
• Registered Social Worker
• Registered Family Mediator
• Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
My professional experience includes working as:
• a family court counsellor for over 10 years
• a divorce mediator for 7 years
• a public relations/communications consultant for over 15 years
• I have been in private counselling practice since the spring of 2019
I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. I have raised four children: two biological and two step-children who all together have blessed me with seven grandchildren. I love to spend time with my family; I golf, cycle, hike, and I dabble in the arts. I believe in you! You have the ability to overcome whatever challenge you are facing!
Wanda Dennelly, MC, CCC, RSW, RFM
Executive Director, Sherwood Park Counselling Centre
$95 per 50 minute session
I can direct bill to the following insurance companies:
Alberta Blue Cross
Green Shield Canada
(check with your insurer to confirm they cover the services of a Registered Social Worker or Canadian Certified Counsellor in your plan prior to scheduling your first appointment)
If your Employee Assistance Plan is with Homewood Health, you can request me as your counsellor (no fee to you).
Please ask about reduced fees--I am happy to lower the fee if you don't have coverage and can't afford the full fee. I want you to get the help you need without finances being a barrier.
Appointments offered: Sundays; and Monday-Wednesday evenings
Copyright © 2018 by 2251295 Alberta Ltd; operating as
Sherwood Park Counselling Centre - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy